Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Jude Stuff 1

Some things that about Jude...

  • We are projecting on him and think that his first 2 words (at 12.5 weeks) have been "hi" and "England".
  • He fights sleep real hard for such a little guy - we don't know why. He seems to enjoy sleep when he gets there but doesn't seem to like the process of going to sleep or waking up.
  • I'm teaching him to stick his tongue out - an important skill for any child to have and one that I am sure I will regret later.
  • He smiles and laughs and talks a lot - it's amazing to see him smile at me - a smile just for me.
  • He seems to be a morning person at this stage in his life - he wakes up early and then is just so happy and interactive. He sometimes gets fussy in the evening.
  • I've made up several songs for him - my 2 favourites are "cheeky, cheeky, chin, chin...nose" and "Who's the cutiest, cutie pie (or stinky pants, or baby boy, or...)... it's you!"
  • Colin makes up lots of songs for him using existing melodies - we started with "Hey Jude" but have moved on to other songs.
  • People think that Jude is just gorgeous - super cute. Several people have said that he's not just baby cute - you know how babies are often kind of ugly, but cute because they are babies? Well, Jude is beautiful!

No comments: