Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Look at me...

I was reading today in Exodus about when God called Moses to speak to Pharaoh for His people...
"And Moses answered, "Look at me. I stutter. Why would Pharaoh listen to me?" God told Moses, "Look at me."
I spend entirely too much time "looking" at myself and being disappointed by what I see and what I don't see. I don't spend nearly enough time looking at God in whom there is no deficiency, no lack - only strength and grace and wholeness. I don't want to waste time on regrets and fear and self-degradation. I want to look at my Source and do what He asks me to do with the strength He gives me.

2 comments:

Lamppostings said...

From Facebook:
Mellissa,
What a great thought! All of us need to look less at us and our 'stuff', and focus more on Him who is our source, and love, and grace. thanks, Hugh

Anonymous said...

Good words.