Thursday, January 31, 2008

Snowy Day

So this was the view from Jude's room this morning... Hard to believe that more snow fell overnight and is still falling.


More shovelling, of course, but I don't mind too much - I find it fairly relaxing.

Jude got his first tooth a couple of weeks ago, it took a while to come in, but I truly didn't mind! It took ages to get a photo of it, but I final succeeded.

It's a bit blurry but it's there. What else has Jude been up to? He loves climbing stairs now. I was distracted for about 30 seconds the other day and when I looked up, he was nowhere to be seen or heard. So I jumped up in search of him and found him up 5 stairs already. Sigh...he's a rascal. He's also exploring more culinary delights. He discovered Cheerios and there was no going back! He also feeds himself bananas and has sampled salsa, Chinese soups, sweet and sour sauce, fortune cookies and (don't tell anyone) he's even sampled a couple of potato chips - he just sucked the salt off and spit the rest out! Oh and my favourite thing that he's doing lately is saying "Ma Ma" all the time. I'm convinced he knows what it means since he often says it when he sees me or wants me. He is after all an exceptional child.

So St Charles has this amazing wooden mural in the main lobbey of the hospital and I admire it whenever I am there (which, as I mentioned yesterday, is entirely too often lately). It's beautiful, but the thing that I always am drawn to is the motto that is engraved on it.


I think it is so cool. I also think that it should be our motto as Christians and as the Church. "The only excuse for our presence in your midst is service - service to our neighbour and through him to our God" Wow. Not much more to be said about that.

No comments: