Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Autumn



So do you say Fall or Autumn? I use both actually, but I love the word Autumn more. I adore this time of year. It's my favourite, though there are things I love about each season. I lived on a tropical island for over four years so I have a real appreciation for seasons.

I thought I would just share some of the things that I love about Autumn. This isn't an exhaustive list by any means.

* The temperature drops. I'm not a huge fan of hot weather so I like it when it cools down. I like being outside in the Fall, I like warmer clothes, I love boots and hats and scarves.
It's just so darn beautiful. The colours! The trees.
* Crunchy leaves all around.
* Culinary delights. Pumpkins, squash, hearty stews and soups, the thought of Thanksgiving dinner not too far away, hot drinks, mulled wine and cider, caramel apples. So many good things come out to be eaten in the Fall!
* Playing in the leaves.
* Getting the house ready for winter - cleaning the heaters and turning them on, getting the hoses put away, putting in the vent plugs, harvesting the last of the garden produce and preparing it for winter.
* Wrapping up in a blanket with a hot drink and reading for an hour (who am I kidding, 20 minutes!)
* Cool nights, getting into bed and feeling the crisp, cold sheets begin to warm up, snuggling down under the covers.
* Did I mention boots? I love boots!


1 comment:

Thru a Tori-lens said...

mmm...I love boots, too. I also love ridiculously fuzzy socks, fleece blankets strewn across the couch, wood smoke on crisp mornings, and POWDER DAYS! :)