Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Prince Caspian

I saw Prince Caspian on Friday night. I loved it. I am a passionate fan of all things Narnian. I was not disappointed. Sure the plot took some unexpected turns, but I was ok with it.

My Dad wrote some cool things about it in his blog...
http://jimstephensblog.blogspot.com/

Here is my comment on his blog...
I am very aware of the story as I read the Chronicles fairly often, so I did know when the movie plot took turns away from the book plot. However, I loved it. I am thankful that we live in a day and age when these stories that have lived for so long in my imagination are being brought to the screen in a way that doesn't damage my imaginings.

My only real complaint is when some of the sections of dialogue that are important to me from the books are left out of the movies. I love the experience too.

Reepicheep is my absolute favourite character in Narnia, besides Aslan. I think they did a wonderful job with him - Eddie Izzard gave him the voice and mannerisms that I always imagined.

My friend, Joann, said that she wishes she was Ramandu's daughter. I wish that she was too, because then I'd get an invite to the wedding and I could meet Reepicheep.

I'm very excited to see this film again and of course, can't wait for the rest of the movies.

1 comment:

Lamppostings said...

These are comments from Facebook:
Hooray! I'm with you, Melissa! As is Leanne. But I've talked with no one else who appreciates this movie as it deserves. I think it's possibly because they don't know Prince Caspian as well as they know The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe and so don't like it as well.

I was extremely happy with the movie as well. And really do wish I was Ramandu's daughter--at least for the next movie if not in "real life." By the way, I found out that the guy who played Prince Caspian, Ben Barnes, is playing a character named John Whittaker in his next movie. Coincidence? I think not. :) Joann

Without saying too much, the symbolism on the bridge almost had me in tears. Fantastic movie. I need to reread the books. It's been years. Joy