Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thoughts...

I was so happy today when I went through the list of blogs that I check everyday and nearly every one of them had been updated - it was so cool! A reminder to me that I need to update more often. I have the thoughts, it's just taking the time that's the issue.


Yesterday, Colin and a friend of his did a gig at a retirement village here in town. Jude and I went along for moral support and it was a lot of fun. It was a very nice place - Colin and I were thinking of moving in, but it's for 55 and older. The gig went really well, Colin on a very nice grand piano and his friend played sax. They did mostly jazz ballads and oldies - they did great. Jude was great too. He was quiet for a while and then, of course, he wanted to get up and go. So he and I walked around the dining hall, mostly with Jude walking behind his stroller. It struck me as very ironic as I watched men and women come and go using walkers, some with very similar gaits as Jude, halting and unsure. Here is this beautiful little boy learning to walk, to use his legs. Here are these men and women losing their ability to walk, to get around on their own. What a short amount of time we have of full health and ability. Not that it's bad, it's life. We move quickly through these stages of life.
Jude was a huge hit. As we were leaving everyone was very appreciative of the music, however, one woman actually said that while the music was good, Jude was great!

Anyway, that's enough for today. Coming soon, a story about my Dad and me.

No comments: